Friday, September 21, 2012

Gothic and Lolita Alice in Wonderland

BABY THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT, Alice and the Pirates, and Crystal Ball have done a collaboration with Disney to create a charming collection of Disney Alice in Wonderland goods!

Click on the image to take you to the site.

Though I am actually not that big a fan of the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland (especially the Cheshire Cat!), I really love this collection!

In addition to the usualy clothing and accessories, there are also household goods to get!

Photobucket
A Crystal Ball wallet


Photobucket
Collaboration with BABY THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT
I really like the art style of this print. There is a close-up on the product page here. It seems to be a nice balance between the animated art and art one would expect to find in a book!

Photobucket
Collaboration with Alice and the Pirates
At first glance I wasn't a big fan of the frames along the bottom, but after looking at it for a while, I think I really do like this design. The illustrations are done in the original, wood-engraved Tenniel style, but with the characters replaced with Disney's versions. It's really quite charming! The product page is here for more images.

Some of the other products I like include:
Photobucket
The increasingly-popular book bag!

Photobucket
This large, roomy clock bag
Photobucket
Check out the size!

Photobucket
A travel case I wish I could have!

Photobucket
I definitely thought this was a real sofa at first!!! It is, in fact, a jewelry box.

There are also some things that I think could be DIY'd if you really wanted!
Photobucket
These earrings are super cute! You could add your own embellishments onto hoop earrings. The Alice charm would be more difficult, but you could either glue or dangle a charm from the hoops.

Photobucket
This lace necklace also wouldn't be too hard to make. Find a pretty piece of lace and attach it to a chain. Embellish it as you like~

Photobucket
This ring holder would look lovely if made out of thrift store china teacups!

There are also some items of the Cheshire Cat and White Rabbit. I never did really like Disney's version of either, but if you are a fan, you may like them!
Photobucket
Here is a Cheshire Cat makeup pouch (Sorry, but I really don't like his face or voice!)

The chibi version of the White Rabbit is totally adorable, though!!
Photobucket
Check me out! Poor rabbit is exhausted from running around all day!

Do you like Disney's version of Alice in Wonderland? What's your favorite version of Alice? I really like American McGee's Alice and the original story. Most people seem to mix up the Red Queen with the Queen of Hearts, though they are from different stories. That secretly bothers me a little ^^; I also really enjoyed Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland retelling. Especially his version of the Cheshire Cat!! So cute and cuddly!