Saturday, March 4, 2017

Tiana's Kitchen ~ Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies (ASMR video)



This is the simplest cookie recipe ever! 1 banana + enough oatmeal/oats to make a dough and then bake!  Good for small batch cookies.

I've been trying to lose the 4kg I gained (yes, I gained it all within around two months - very unhealthy!!) and this is one of the recipes I found online to help curb sweets cravings.  The bananas in all the other recipes I found were about double the quantity of one of the locally-grown bananas here, but I really don't think the measurements are as critical in this recipe (another bonus!) Just mix in enough oats to make the consistency of a cookie dough.

Ingredients:
1 banana (around 56g)
30g rolled oats

Steps:
1) Mash banana and mix with oats.

2) Bake at 180*C for 9 minutes (NOTE: this is for a convection oven. I'm not sure how it would translate to a larger oven, but it's a short baking time so you can just watch the cookies every five minutes or so!)


3)Add cinnamon if desired.

You could really do any sort of mix-in, such as chocolate chips, raisins, chopped nuts, etc.

What's your favorite cookie flavor?  I actually do like oatmeal raisin, though it seems to be an American joke that raisins pretend to be chocolate chips in cookies and are a nasty shock when you bite in.  I don't prefer one over the other, really.  Maybe I'm just an all-around sweets lover!

As with any healthy sweets recipe, do make sure to enjoy in moderation as too much of ANYTHING is unhealthy.  The entire batch of this recipe only yields about five miniature cookies, or one large cookie, so it's OK to make and eat this whole recipe for yourself!  Just make sure you're not making it over and over ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!